Terms & Conditions for Tutors
Please Note: These terms and conditions form a contract between you, hereafter also referred to as the “tutor”, and IPS Tutors. “Clients” refers to the tutees and/or their parents/guardians. By sending your CV to IPS Tutors you are confirming that you understand and accept these terms and conditions, which may be varied by IPS Tutors by giving notice in writing. Please retain a copy of this contract for your future reference.
1. IPS Tutors will provide a regular service of 1 to 1 tuition to individuals, or to small groups with a maximum of four people. Tutorials will take place at an agreed location, date and time. Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date.
2. Tutorials cancelled (or where a client fails to turn up) with less than 48 hours’ notice will be billed to the client at the usual lesson fee (unless it can be proven that the child was ill).
3. Cancellations by the client (or the tutor) of more than 3 weeks in succession, or that which IPS Tutors perceive as unreasonable, regular cancellations will be considered for immediate termination of contract, and the tutoring slot may be offered to another client.
4. Should you the tutor not be available on the day of the tutorial, then please inform the client and the agency as soon as possible. Regular, short-notice cancellations will bring this agreement to an end (see item 3).
5. The tutors will use all their own resources, and will not request additional monies from clients for their purchase. However, recommendations of resources may be offered, but the purchasing of these is entirely the client’s own decision, and at their own risk.
6. If tutors are presenting lessons within their own home they will provide a place where uninterrupted and peaceful learning can take place. Tutors agree that they will be punctual, smartly dressed, conduct themselves in a professional manner, and will spend time planning quality, structured lessons to match the specific needs of their tutees.
7. Tutors declare that they do not have a criminal record.
8. Should the client be unhappy for any reason with the tutor provided, the agency will do their utmost to rectify the situation, and if necessary to offer another tutor within 14 days of the request. The clients will be regularly asked whether they are satisfied with the level of service they are receiving.
9. All tutors provided are under written contract to IPS Tutors and are not free to tutor for the client except through the agency, even after they, and/or you have left the agency. Should the client, or any person recommended by the client, employ a tutor previously contracted to the agency within a 2 year period of them and/or the client leaving the agency, or employ another tutor recommended by the tutor during this time, the client will be issued with and agrees to pay an introductory fee of £750, which is payable within 14 days of issue. Should a tutor previously contracted to this agency agree to tutor a client introduced by the agency then the tutor agrees to pay the agency an introductory fee of £750, which is payable within 14 days of issue.
10. If the client’s tutorial falls on a Bank Holiday, then an alternative may be arranged with the tutor, or that week’s session will be missed. If this is the case, no fees will be charged for the missed session.
11. If the client is late for a session, the lesson will only run until the usual end time, and be charged at the usual price. If a tutor is late for a session, then it is the duty of the tutor to arrange to make up the lost time or inform IPS Tutors so that a pro rata charge is made for the session.
12. The agency will not be held accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by the student/client. Although we do everything in our power to help National Curriculum levels and skills improve, we can offer no guarantee thereto.
13. The agency accepts no liability for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of tutoring pupils provided by the agency. You the tutor specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service and are responsible for arranging your own insurance cover.
14. Neither IPS Tutors nor any of its tutors are liable for any loss, damage or injury caused while tutoring a client.
15. Parents / guardians of children are asked to remain in the building with their child during the tutorial. If they choose to leave their child alone with the tutor during the tutorial, they do so free of choice, at their own risk.
16. The tutors registered with IPS Tutors are self-employed with respect to paying their own tax, National Insurance and any other duties payable.
17. IPS Tutors will not sell, rent or distribute any clients’ personal information, or any information relating to children, to any third parties. Tutors agree to hold confidential information about clients as securely as possible, and will not sell, rent or distribute clients’ personal information, or any information relating to children, to any third parties.
18. Two weeks’ notice in writing is required from any tutor wishing to terminate the tuition agreement.
19. Tutors must submit their timesheets signed by the student/parent/guardian by the 2nd of every month, to ensure payment for services for the previous month. IPS Tutors will endeavour to make payment by the 15th of each month.
20. In the event of a tutor accepting an assignment whereby they are paid by the client on the days of the lessons, the tutor must only accept the full amount ie the tutor hourly rate plus the commission for IPS Tutors. The tutor agrees to be legally bound to fill in and return the monthly IPS Statement at the end of each month, ie before the end of 30th or 31st of each month.
The tutor must pay the agreed amount owed to IPS Tutors into IPS Tutors Bank Account, as shown on the monthly IPS Tutors Statement before 2nd of each month following tuition.
Failure to comply with this arrangement will mean an immediate termination of the right to tutor the students that IPS Tutors has provided, and a penalty of £750 to be paid within 14 days may be implemented at the discretion of IPS Tutors.
By sending your CV, you are agreeing to be bound by IPS Tutors terms as stated in the preceding Terms & Conditions. Failure to adhere to its contents could lead to legal action.
I have read the preceding Terms & Conditions and give my full consent to be bound by them.