Terms & Conditions for Clients
Please Note: These terms and conditions form a contract between you, hereafter also referred to as the “client”, and IPS Tutors. By accepting a tutor from IPS Tutors, you understand and accept these Terms and Conditions, which may be varied by IPS Tutors from time to time and shown on this website. Please retain a copy of this contract for your future reference.
1. IPS Tutors will provide a regular service of 1 to 1 tuition to individuals, or to small groups with a maximum of four people. Tutorials will take place at an agreed location, date and time. Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date.
2. Within the first month contract period, the client may cancel the contract with notice of one week. Thereafter, the contract may be cancelled with the minimum notice of two weeks. This should be done in writing.
3. Tutorials cancelled (or where a client fails to turn up) with less than 48 hours’ notice will be billed to the client at the usual lesson fee.
4. Cancellations of more than 3 weeks in succession, or that which IPS Tutors perceive as unreasonable, regular cancellations, will be considered for immediate termination of contract, and the tutoring slot may be offered to another client.
5. Should the tutor not be available on the day, then we will endeavour to inform the client as soon as possible, and a re-arranged time may be offered. If a suitable alternative time cannot be arranged, no fees will be payable.
6. The tutors will use all their own resources, and will not request additional monies from clients for their purchase. However, recommendations of resources may be offered, but the purchasing of these is entirely the client’s own decision, and at their own risk.
7. All tutors provided are under written contract to IPS Tutors and are only free to tutor for the client through the agency, even after they, and/or you have left the agency. Should any further hours of tuition result from an introduction made by IPS Tutors, the usual fee must be paid. Should the client employ a tutor previously contracted to the agency within a 2 year period of them and/or the client leaving the agency, or employ another tutor recommended by the tutor during this time, the client will be issued with and agrees to pay an introductory fee of £750, which is payable within 14 days of issue. Should you wish to recommend one of IPS’ Tutors to any other student this student must contact IPS Tutors to ensure that a contract is made through the agency.
8. If the client’s tutorial falls on a Bank Holiday, then an alternative may be arranged with the tutor, or that week’s session will be missed. If this is the case, no fees will be charged for the missed session.
9. If the client is late for a session, the lesson will only run until the usual end time, and be charged at the usual price. If a tutor is late for a session, then it is the duty of the tutor to arrange to make up the lost time or inform IPS Tutors so that a pro rata charge is made for the session.
10. Whilst we strive to provide the best possible tuition service, we will not be held accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by the student/client. Although we do everything in our power to help National Curriculum levels and skills improve, we can offer no guarantee thereto.
11. IPS Tutors are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of the use of our tutoring service. You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
12. Neither IPS Tutors nor any of its tutors are liable for any loss, damage or injury caused while tutoring a client.
13. Parents/guardians who choose to leave their child alone with the tutor during the tutorial, do so of their own free choice, at their own risk. All tutors are carefully selected and have declared that they have no criminal record.
14. IPS Tutors will not sell, rent or distribute any clients’ personal information, or any information relating to children, to any third parties.